Friday, April 29, 2011

Skrillex @ The Prince Bandroom.

    Last night I ventured to St Kilda with Kayla, Dan, Vish and Tyler.

    We were off to see the dubstep beast SKRILLEX.

    I had never been to Prince before (if you are one of those people I lied to and said otherwise, to make it look like I went to awesome expensive places, sorry. Yeah I mean you, boys from Melbourne I met in Bali.)

    It was a pretty sweet venue, enough room for a decent show, awesome laser light and effects system (would have been heavenly for the many pill popping patrons, trippy as hell).


    Complaints? The smoke machines (I nearly died it was that thick. Add moshing beasts and breathing is near impossible) and the DRINK PRICES. $13 for a cider? Wtf. I had to drink *shudder* BEER. At a cheaper, though in no way affordable, $8 per bottle, it was the choice of the night. (And after a $90 taxi home I'm officially broke and in debt to the housemate). Yes, it has finally happened. After months of unemployment, I have no money in the bank. FML.

    Anyway that is beside the point...

    Mumbai Science (a pair of indie beasts from Belguim) opened for Skrillex. I enjoyed them but the set went a little too long and Kayla and I agreed that it was a bit to housey-electro for our likings. After what seemed like AGES Skrillex was finally on, and what an absolute BEAST. The crowd went insane for this nerdy looking kid from LA. We were near the front and nearly got crushed to death in the moshpit so moved a bit further back to dubstep-dance the night away.

    We ran out of energy before Skrillex was done (the kid was mental and probably continued at his insane level of energy until dawn) so we left at about 2.30am to begin the very costly journey from one side of Melb to the other. Seriously. WHY do I live in Bundoora...

    Now I'm off to watch the wedding of the year (excitment!!) and I shall leave you to enjoy a sample of what we experienced last night.