Friday, May 29, 2009

Pop Beauty: Cat Eyes Liner

    I was in Ulta the other day and stumbled upon a little company I was not particularly familiar with, POP Beauty. POP proclaims they are " a make-up brand that encapsulates all that makes London “Swing”, Cool Britannia indeed! Innovative and inspiring, POP is a brand that is renowned show-stopping results. Silky, long lasting, uber flattering textures in punchy, punky must have shades." Apparently they are known for their Neon Lid colors, which may be a little much for me personally.



    But for summer, they might be fun and those blues and greens might be right up my alley. However, what really caught my attention were two products. One is a lip primer that I'll discuss later. The other is their eye liner, Cat Eyes.

    What makes this liner different is the shape of the pencil. Normally, a liner is rounded, like a pencil. This is actually rectangular, in an attempt to help you do a really nice cat eye.



    I realize the chance of me rocking a Star Trek cat eye at work or while volunteering for Karma Dogs isn't likely. But a tamed down little kitten eye, now that would be nice. After a few tries, I think I got the hang of it. You have a few options:

    Option One: You can line your eye using the long side of the pencil. This makes a thin line and a little flip of the fingertips at the corner will make a nice kitten eye. What is nifty about this is that the size of the line is uniform all the way across and it's rectangular, not round, which is kinda cool.

    Option Two: Start slightly out from the outer corner of your eye (where you want the cat eye to end) and hold the pencil so you get a really wide line. Draw from where you want the line to end to the middle of your eye, above your iris, for a really dramatic look.

    I got this liner in Black Dahlia, which is a lighter black mixed with plum. I love this color for blue eyes. After a few days of trying this out, I am happy to report that it stays put all day!

    I love this. I bought this. You should check it out!


    Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews