Monday, July 12, 2010

Benefit The POREfessional


    Benefit's The POREfessional is a pre and post primer that is supposed to visibly reduce the size of your pores. It is suggested that you can put this on before your makeup and then again, as a finishing primer in areas where your pores are still visible.

    I don't have extremely large pores, but I definitely have larger pores on my cheeks, surrounding my nose. I tried applying this primer, before my makeup, in the middle of my makeup and at the end of my makeup. The end result, no matter when I applied it, was the same. Bupkis.

    Texture-wise, a fellow makeup maven with a uber bold asymmetrical hair cut called it, "Smashbox primer with baby powder." I would have to agree. From a color standpoint, I would have to say it was Gouldylox-fleshtoned. Which is great if your name is Gouldylox. However, if you are darker than a vampire with freckles, this might contain enough pigment to give you second thoughts.

    Anyway you slice it, for $28, you can do much better. Mally's Poreless Face Defender is an excellent post makeup primer (provided you like silicone). The POREfessional reminded me quite a bit of Perfekt, but the Perfekt does a much better job.

    Thoughts? Love it? Hate it? Let me know!

    I bought this myself. Benefit does not test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.