Thursday, July 29, 2010

e.l.f. 2-1 Conditioning Gloss


    I recently couldn't resist the allure of a gift card and picked up a few items from e.l.f. One of the items I picked up is their 2-in-1 Conditioning Gloss. This gloss has a clear outer tube, that hydrates, provides super shiny, lasting gloss and an inner tube that provides the color.

    I picked up this shade in Golden in the hopes it would be the perfect choice for summer.

    (A golden, beautiful blob of lip gloss.)

    This gloss is very shiny and lasts for a respectable amount of time. Especially since it's only $3! However, the color payoff isn't the strongest - at least not in the color I selected.

    (Squeezing the sides, hard. Normally, you squeeze your tubes so they flatten out.)

    You also have to squeeze the tube really hard, opposite from the way you normally squeeze, to get color to come out and not just the clear gloss. Normally, you squeeze a lip gloss so it's flat. With this, you squeeze the sides. Granted the tube itself is designed to be squeezed that way, but it's backwards from normal tube glosses and it just feels weird in my hand. (You have to do this with other similar glosses, like the one by Laura Geller. The same issue bugged me with her product as well.)

    The gloss isn't sticky on your lips. But if your hair gets into it, I can see it being a seriously sticky situation. I think this gloss is so ultra sticky, it almost comes full circle and isn't sticky. Does that make sense to anyone besides myself?

    (Where is the gold? It looked so promising in it's golden blob above.)

    Overall, for the price, it is exactly what you would expect. It's ok, provided you aren't cheesed about the no-show color. I can say that it feels hydrating, that it hugs the lips and that it stays on for a good amount of time.

    Have you tried this? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!

    I bought this with a gift certificate provided by the company. Elf does not test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.