Friday, July 30, 2010

Tarte LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain

    I have a love/hate relationships with lip stains. I want to love them and I normally hate them. Haven't tried a lip stain before? Here is why they don't get high marks from me. They are drying. They all turn electric pink or deep burgundy on me, no matter what shade is promised.

    So I was hesitant when I walked into Sephora last week and one of my pals who works there said, "We just got these! You have to check them out!", talking about Tarte's new LipSurgence Natural Matte Lip Stain. When she pointed out that she had been wearing a gorgeous red since she started that day (a few hours ago), I was intrigued. Her lips were in no way dry-looking or pink.

    According to Tarte, here is what makes their Natural Matte Lip Stain different:

    Each of the matte shades boasts the high-pigment concentration we love from matte lipsticks, but unlike drying lipsticks, these stains are infused with a High-Performance Natural™ LipSurgence™ technology, which is clinically proven to increase moisture content by an astonishing 6000% after 28 days. Earth engineered from a proprietary blend of plant bio-nutrients, the LipSurgence™ technology quickly absorbs into the skin to deliver a surge of moisture on a cellular level, while boosting peptides stimulate skin's own regenerative system and assist in the formation of collagen. This proprietary blend effectively increases skin's water content for a 'plumped up' appearance. The result is naturally fuller, healthier lips without any irritation or stinging.



    So was it pink? Not in a bad way. I picked up Exposed, the "nude" color. On me, it was slightly brownish pink, which was just fine. I LOVE THE PEPPERMINT. I am a professional complainer when it comes to lip glosses adding peppermint or other plumpers to glosses. Some of them sting. Others are fine. This one is delightful.


    It wasn't drying at all. Probably because it isn't wet like a traditional stain. It's more of a serious improvement on the long-wearing lip sticks from days gone by. This definitely falls on the lip stick side instead of a traditional lip stain, so keep that in mind if you order online before you see the product in stores. I got about 3 hours of constant talking and occasional "straw drinking" out of the color before I needed a touch up. The only downside to this product is that it is a little delicate, so be gentle with them. These retail for $24 and are available from Tarte, Sephora and QVC.


    I bought this myself. Tarte is cruelty free!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.