Friday, November 5, 2010

LORAC Box Office Sensation Holiday Palette


    Just in time for the holidays, behold the LORAC Box Office Sensation Holiday Palette/Train Case/Box of Awesome. This kit comes packed with 36 eyeshadows, nine lip glosses, three blushes, and a bronzer.


    This makes it one of the most complete collections of its sort I have seen this season. (Similar collections are slacking on the cheek color or don't include anywhere near as many shadows.)

    With four trays of shadow, already put into color families, it couldn't be easier to create the perfect look.

    (Neutrals 1)

    I've only had this kit for about a week and I keep diving into it each morning to create a new look.

    (Neutrals 2)

    One last week had my audio engineer ask if I had gotten new glasses because my eyes looked so different.

    (The Blues)

    Apparently I was wearing new colors that I normally wouldn't put together and they made a big difference in how I looked.

    (The Purples)
    I love the possibilities!


    The blushes are nice colors that work for just about everyone. You'll get a light peach, a plummy-pink, a light pink and a bronzer.


    I like to use the bronzer as a contour color. Others have mentioned this blush doesn't have staying power, which is actually the opposite of what I have found. I have been wearing it with TEMPTU and Bobbi Brown foundation; I'm not sure if that could be making a difference or not, but I haven't had problems with premature fading.


    The lip glosses are indeed more like lipsticks and the big downside is that you can't take them with you. I wish it came with more peachy options, but if you are a pinks girl, there is likely something in here for you. They do wear for a decent amount of time, especially the darker colors. But anyway you slice it, you'll need to touch up at some point. If you don't already own a similar matching color, you could always load up a retractable/capped lip brush and get through the day just fine.

    This kit doesn't feel chintzy to me. The magnetic clasp stays in place, once you make sure it's anchored. I'm not too worried about the trays falling/tearing off, although I do worry that the eye shadows will get smushed when the swing-out trays above them are moved. I find that if you are a little careful and gently blow excess powder off of the shadows after you use them, the kit stays fairly nice and neat. If this palette had a drawer to carry a brush or two, it would be absolutely perfect!

    The quality in this kit is top notch LORAC and the colors range from sheer to pigmented. This definitely earns space on my very small vanity. I love it!

    This was provided for the purpose of review. LORAC does not test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.