Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Get Melissa Leo's Hair from the SAG Awards


    I use to see Melissa Leo all of the time when she did ADR for the TV show Homicide at a studio called Flite 3. Melissa was always kind (as was the majority of the cast) when she came in to do her sessions.

    I'm so thrilled for her success in the last few years. And I'm even happier to see her embrace her gorgeous, glamorous side. (The writers of Homicide seemed to have something against her character wearing makeup after season 1). I loved her hair at the 17th Annual SAG Awards. Here is how her stylist, Creighton Bowman, gave her the screen goddess look.

    First, I spritzed wet hair with Phytocurl Spray from roots to ends, and then worked a little Phyto Ultra Shine Cream into the ends.

    To keep Melissa’s natural curls light and airy, I gave her hair a blow-out with a diffuser attachment, which diffuses the airflow, preventing curls from flattening.

    Once Melissa’s hair was dry, I used a small curling iron to give curls a softer texture. To add a pretty sheen, I rubbed a few drops of
    René Furterer Myrrhea No Rinse Silkening Fluid between the palms of my hands, and then lightly smoothed it over Melissa’s curls.

    Next, I lightly back-combed the roots, and pulled hair into a loose, low ponytail, securing it with “hook bands.” Sweeping the ponytail into a soft, romantic updo, I pinned the ends, allowing a few curls to fall freely around Melissa’s face.

    Last, a quick spritz of
    L’Oréal Elnett Satin Hairspray, and Melissa was ready for her award-winning moment.

    I love it! And I am so, so happy for Melissa and her success!


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.