Thursday, February 17, 2011

Runway to Real Way: The François Nars Downturned Eye


    This photo started hitting the web a few days ago, showing a downturned eye at the Marc Jacobs show. Curious as to if a real woman could rock this look, I decided to give it a try.

    The look by Nars was very clean, with blush done in a downward position as well. I opted for a slightly blended downward line, with a slight sheen to the lid from a shadow and no crease color. I also didn't extend the line quite as far as Nars did at the show. But in the real world, I'm going to work today, so I wanted to be realistic. When I look in the mirror, I really don't care for it, but when I look in the pictures, I don't see that big of a difference. If anything, it does make my eyes look bigger and very round. But I also think it makes me look slightly sad. Maybe this would work better on someone with almond or doe shaped eyes more than moi?



    What do you think? Would you ever wear this? While I'm not making any promises, I am not convinced this look is going into my bag of tricks.

    Photo taken from Hair On the Brain.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.