Monday, March 28, 2011

Mally Beauty "Don't Call It A Powder" Poreless Perfection Skin Finisher

    I picked up Mally's recent TSV with some birthday money (thanks, Aunt Susie and Uncle Bob!). The collection was just too good to pass up. One of the products I was really interested in trying was the Poreless Perfection Skin Finisher (don't call it a powder!).


    This version of a Skin Finisher is basically a tinted version of a high definition powder. It's so finely milled that it almost feels like you are touching air. It's very light, stops oil in its tracks and gives the skin a pretty, slightly brightened finish. While I prefer Mally's Poreless Face Defender, you'll get similar results with this Face Finishing anti-powder. In fact, my oily-skinned friends may actually prefer this formula over the Poreless Face Defender. This also comes with a small buki, great for applying this feather weight product.


    If you've seen these kind of powders in stores before and shied away from them because they were bright white and made you look chalky, this is something you should check out. Some of the popular HD powders make even me look too light. I find that this looks much more natural.

     (Pre Face Finisher - me at the end of the day)

    (After the Face Finisher)

    I did find that I had to be careful not to apply too much of the not-powder, or it sometimes shows up in my larger pores around my nose. The tint that's been added to the powder (sorry Mally!) does add a little coverage, but it's not going to change the overall look of your foundation, provided you've selected the correct color.

    (Wearing the Face Finisher - when blended it doesn't show up in pores or fine lines)

    However, if you started with a primer that sets up your face for perfection, this can give you a bit of coverage to get you through a Saturday afternoon.

    It's available in four skin-forgiving shades ranging from fair/light to rich. It's available in the lovely Share the Love Kit or on its own (although for a little more, go for the kit. It's gorgeous!)


    Mally does not test on animals. I bought this. Photos by me.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews and more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.