Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hey Hon! Here's Some Local Love - Balance The Salon

    I am not a loyal hair salon customer . First of all, my hair cut (no matter how small the difference) and color change every two or three weeks. I am not loyal to any stylist - not because I don't like them, but because I change my mind so often (ie. need appointments all of the time), I get to know a lot of them. It is really common for me to go to someone religiously every 4 weeks for 6 months and then disappear for a year or more. Usually, I run because:

    1: They are actually booked and can't see me right away.
    2: They stop trying because we're pals.
    3: I'm out of town and try somewhere new.

    Hair Ho-ness aside, I do have some favorites. Currently, my fave for cuts (she's never done my color, but it would be great, I am sure) is Bethany at Balance the Salon, located at 409 West Cold Spring Lane in Baltimore. I first found Bethany when I asked several people who cut their hair and they all gave the same answer. Bethany always does an amazing job with my short, funky hair and is kind enough to give me color ideas, even though she knows I will do it myself at home. She is also perfectly happy to remind me I am not actually P!nk and I will not look right certain current trends. I appreciate this because sometimes you need someone to be a little honest. She is also amazing at just making your hair look it's best, long or short, funky or sleek - whatever you are looking for, she has an idea of how to make it work for you. And sometimes, just when I think it is time to retire my current favorite look, Bethany tweaks it to become fresh and inspired all over again.

    The Salon itself is nice and simple, with a comfy, stylish vibe. The cuts are priced nicely (mine is $50 for short hair) and appointments are usually available week to two weeks out, depending on availability. Plus, Bethany is great at tweaking my Rihanna inspired cut, especially when I felt I was starting to get a Kate Gosselin vibe. They carry an ecletic and smaller range of products that aren't likely to be found elsewhere. They have early am and evening appointments Tuesday through Saturday. Call 410.366.6169 to make your appointment today.

    I love her. You should check her out!