Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Works of Art and Science: Paul and Joe Beaute'

    When I recently visited Baltimore's Brow Whisperer, I was delighted to find a new line cosmetics that I couldn't stop admiring. Paul and Joe Beaute' create beautiful works of art that look as good on you as they do on your vanity.
    (Paul and Joe Beaute' Pressed Powder. I love this compact!)

    I have been using a mineral powder for touch-ups, which is fine and I have no complaints. But when I saw this compact and tried it on, I realized I had to have it. Not only does the powder look beautiful on, the compact itself reminds me the ones I use to admire on my grandmothers' dressing table.

    (This pic doesn't show how gorgeous this compact is in real life, but it is beautiful, trust me!)

    This powder offers medium coverage and imparts a slight radiance on the skin, that isn't glittery, despite being able to see bits of sparkle in the powder. It is just a beautiful radiant powder, in an even more beautiful compact.

    I couldn't pass up trying Paul and Joe's Lip Lacquer, either. This is the least stickiest lip gloss I have tried in some time. It also wears really, really well. This is no doubt due to the technology behind this gloss, which sets it apart from the rest. Paul and Joe lip lacquer contains thixotropic, a gelatin agent that spreads smoothly over the lips and adheres firmly. Depending on the amount you put on, it could feel slightly "thick", which doesn't bother me the way stickiness does. The result is long lasting, beautiful color and a slightly fuller lip appearance. I picked it up in the color #5, a delicate nectar sheer color. When paired with a creamy foundation and cream blush, it is the perfect finish to a creamy complexion.

    (My pucker in Paul and Joe #5 Lip Lacquer)

    Check out Paul and Joe Beaute' on Beautyhabit.com, PeaceLoveLipgloss.com or in Baltimore at La Papillon Salon .

    I purchased these items because I am a can't pass up new, pretty things.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.