Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Perfect Prep Poreless Primer by Mally Beauty

    Mally Roncal loves alliterations more than I do, judging my the name of this primer. Which is a lot to live up to, which is what intrigued me about this primer (and it's sister, the Perfect Prep Eye Primer) from the start.I have large pores around my nose, which everyone likes to point out are probably due to the fact that I am perimenopausal. I'm 36, is that really supposed to start now? ( I am starting to wonder if people I interview are talking to each other, goading the other into telling "that Gouldylox girl" she is pre-menopausal as a joke.)

    So I have pores and some fine lines around my eyes and I wish they weren't there. I also have some dry areas, especially with the weather changing constantly, that cause my makeup to not look as flawless as I would like.Mally's Perfect Prep Poreless Primer and The Perfect Prep Eye Primer are primers that are right up my alley. Both slide over the skin, leaving a satiny finish, readying the skin for makeup, while leaving your skin a touch more radiant. These do contain silicone, so if you are not a fan of the silicone feel, these aren't for you. But personally, I love that kind of primer.

    I used both, the eye and the face primer under my makeup for about a week. The Perfect Prep Eye Primer is slightly thicker than the face primer and comes with a nifty little brush. My eye makeup did not move when I used this primer, which made me a happy girl. My blush, which is always the first to fade, also lasted a long time when I started out with this primer. My pores around my nose were all but invisible and my fine lines were diminished.

    This primer claims to seal in your moisturizer and Mally even suggests that you apply it over your makeup to freshen it up during the day. I haven't tried that yet (I keep forgetting to take the primer to work!), but I can see where using a tiny amount of this might work to help brighten up your face during the day.

    Overall, I really liked both of these primers. Keep in mind, I am definitely in the silicone-feeling-primer camp, so if you prefer a lotion type of primer, you should pass.

    What is your favorite primer? Have you tried Mally's? Tell me in the comments!

    Disclaimer: I was sent these products for the purposes of review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.