Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Prove It! Arbonne SeaSource Detox Body Products Can Transform Your Skin In Seven Days

    I recently had the chance to check out several of the products in the SeaSource Detox Line by Arbonne. If you aren't familiar with Arbonne, it is a Swiss skin care line sold through consultants all over the world. Arbonne promotes the vegan, mineral oil-free products that National Makeup Artist Krista Embry and celebs like Nicole Kidman swear by.


    The full SeaSource kit contains Foaming Sea Salt Scrub, 5-in-1 Essential Massage Oil, Detoxifying Rescue Wash, Sea Mud Face & Body Mask, Purifying Sea Soak, Fortifying Hair Mask, Re-Mineralizing Body Lotion 24H and Renewing Body Gelée, plus the Dry Body Brush and SeaSource Detox Spa Brochure. That is honestly a little overwhelming for a newbie who was able to test the kit for one week, so I chose to focus on a few key products. Normally, I test facial skin care products for four to six weeks, but this kit claims results in as little as seven days. As always, I am up for a beauty experiment!

    I focused on the Foaming Sea Salt Scrub, The Detox Rescue Wash, Sea Mud Face and Body Mask and the Re-Mineralizing Body Lotion. All of these products are vegan and mineral oil-, sulphate- and paraben-free. Here is how my seven day trial went.
    The Foaming Sea Salt Scrub claims to exfoliate and cleanse toxins from the skin's surface, increasing microcirculation and stimulating skin to promote a softer, smoother look. Specially formulated with sea botanicals and sea salt, a proven sea mineral known to fight bacteria. This scrub did a nice job of making my skin super soft. I am not sure how toxic my skin is or was, so I am not sure how to grade this. My skin definitely felt very soft and smooth after using this, especially when combined with the Re-Mineralize 24 Hour Lotion.
    I also used the Detoxifying Rescue Wash along with the scrub. This wash claims to lift away impurities and environmental toxins and provides a moisture barrier on the skin's surface to provide a relaxed, comfortable feel. I will admit, I LOVE how this smells. It was slightly citrus-y without being overpowering. Delicious!
    Next up is a Sea Mud Face and Body Mask. This mask contains Bentonite clay to help withdraw the impurities out of your skin. I was warned in advance that this is a very serious mask and tingling may occur. I am glad I had been warned because this mask means business! It felt very spicy on my face, but did leave my face glowing and any traces of pore-clogging ickies were long gone. This mask is worth checking out, but remember, it feels very "spicy" on the skin, my guess would be this feeling is due to the ginger. Don't say I didn't warn you! It also contains Disodium EDTA (ethylenediaminetetraacetic) which may act as a chelating agent, removing things like trace amounts of mercury and lead from the skin.
    My favorite out of this line is the Re-Mineralizing Body Lotion 24H. This lotion claims to provide a 24-hour shield against environmental pollutants, and its hydro-trap technology together with high-performance humectants delivers optimal moisture to guard against all-day moisture loss. This restorative body moisturizer—rich in shea butter and marine botanicals that contain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals—is designed to deliver a firmer-looking appearance and a skin-softening effect. Moisture Shields are going to be the next big thing in skin care and this is one to check out. This huge bottle of lotion will keep you hydrated much longer than regular moisturizers and can help stop free radicals in pollutants from attacking and damaging your skin.

    Was I Able to Prove That Arbonne Delivers On Its 7-Day Claims?

    So after seven days, did my skin look as if the toxins has been purged? I am not sure how my metals-purged skin would look, so I am not sure how to judge this. Like with any product, I didn't expect it to totally transform my skin in such a short time. (Realistically, I can't say any product will do that.) However, this line has merits worth checking out. The mask definitely made my face glow and the 24H body Lotion helped my very dry skin adjust to the change in weather.

    I was able to find the ingredients for the Sea Source Detox online, so I asked SuperFriend and Holistic Health Practitioner, Xina, if the ingredients in some of these products can topically remove impurities from the skin. Her thoughts?

    "EDTA falls a little out of my holistic area of expertise. From my standpoint, I would suggest eating dark, leafy greens. Cilantro is especially excellent at removing metals from the body. In fact, if cilantro tastes metallic to you, you definitely need to remove heavy metals from the body."

    Who knew cilantro was the key to determining metals in the body? A little online sleuthing on my end discovered that since all of the products in this line contain ethylenediaminetetraacetic or Disodium EDTA, over time, it is possible that these products could remove topical traces of heavy metals from the skin. However, I would think treatments like the lotions or mask would be more effective since they stay on the skin for a longer period of time.

    Want to check out Arbonne for yourself? You can shop online here or speak directly to an Arbonne consultant to learn more.

    Have you tried Arbonne? What did you think? Tell me in the comments!


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.