Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bourjois Effet 3D MAX Lip gloss

    Always looking for something new to me, I couldn't pass up trying the Effet 3D MAX lipgloss by Bourjois Paris. This gloss claims to be unique and purchase-worthy for a few reasons.



    1. It isn't sticky. In fact, it's slick.

    2. It has a strange applicator. Not strange in a bad way. Picture a paddle, with little reservoirs in it. It works really well if you pat the gloss on, and don't use it like a brush. It takes a minute to get use to, but it coats the lips really nicely. Here's a not-so-great pic I took of the "brush" to show you what I'm trying to describe.


    3. It claims to give you 3X the shine of their regular gloss. Since I have gone on about how products with X's in the name make me bonkers, I won't bring that up again. The gloss is pretty shiny though. I am not sure if it is any shinier than another shiny lip gloss, but I guess it holds its own in the shine category.

    4. It claims to use a different type of polymer which makes your lips shinier, the color last longer and look fuller, without irritating plumpers.

    (My pucker looking shiny, thanks to Bourjois.)

    I agree, it's shiny. But how long did the color last? In my official Gouldylox test, the color lasted a decent amount of time. I applied it at 11:40 am and the color lasted until 12:17. That's not too shabby, but not anything to get excited about either. It is really slick and almost feels like it might slide off easily. Personally, I am a fan of glosses with a little tack to them. Not so tacky you "get chunks of your hair caught on your gloss" tacky, but just enough to make it feel like it will stay put. Overall, this gloss is OK. I know that it has a huge overseas following, I'm just not sure that it feels or looks different enough from a perfectly nice CoverGirl gloss to warrant the extra $10.

    Have you tried this gloss? Tell me if you liked it or if wanted your money back in the comments! Or check it out for yourself at Ulta.

    I purchased this because my name is Gouldylox and I am addicted to lip gloss.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.