Tuesday, December 8, 2009

L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion Mascara


    I had been curious about this mascara wand for more than a year, but I couldn't justify dropping $28 for the Givenchy Pheonomen'Eyes Mascara. One thing I have learned when it comes to mascara, it is more about the brush than it is about the formula. Both are important, but the brush is what makes the difference.
    A few months ago, L'Oreal launched their Telescopic Explosion Mascara, which is strikingly similar to Pheonomen'Eyes. Granted the brush isn't as spikey with the irregular length brushes and the L'Oreal is made from plastic bristles, not a traditional bristle. So you can't really compare them apples to apples. I did pick it up on a recent trip to Target and checked it out.

    If you like to put mascara on as shown in the opening credits to Secret Diary of a Call Girl, then this is for you. If you have long, thin lashes and want to define and separate them, then this is for you. This mascara slowed me down in the morning and while it looks ok, It won't earn a permanent place on my vanity. Although it didn't do a bad job, I don't think the extra time it takes to apply with this brush is worth the hassle. It would be fun to use on the outer corners of my lashes to make them pop - but only after I use my regular mascara. By itself, I didn't notice anything super special about how this made my lashes look, but what do you think?

    (My lashes with the L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara. They are getting longer and longer thanks to Marini Lash).

    Try it yourself and save $2 with this coupon.

    Have you tried this? What did you think? Tell me in the comments!

    I bought this because I am adventurous and like to spend money on funny looking mascara brushes.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.