Wednesday, December 9, 2009

mark Mega Volume Next Day Spray

    I don't like to wash my hair everyday. Since I have become a brunette and am no longer a red head, my color doesn't fade overnight, but I still like to take it easy on my super short locks. Enter the dry shampoo. I have tried some and they work ok. The smell is what bugs me about most of the popular ones.

    mark recently asked me to check out their Mega Volume Next Day Spray. While this works similarly to a dry shampoo, it goes about it in a different way. According to the website, this product helps you "refresh hair between shampoos with this spray that helps remove buildup & reduces the appearance of oil. "

    On the weekends I prefer to get up early and go to the movies when I am not Karma Dogging. Sometimes that means either my trusty Friday Night Lights hat, my Ken Paves Long and Lush or dirty hair. Last weekend, I overslept and got up late to go to an early showing of Precious. I sprayed some Mega Volume Next Day Spray (now known as MVNDS) in my slightly-in-need-of- a-shampoo-hair. It smelled like really strong baby powder, which I found to be well, strong, but Mr. Lox loved it. It made my hair appear really clean really fast. It didn't feel really clean, but it looked the part, which is what matters. It also had nice volume and held the style without feeling "dry shampoo weird".

    I'm sure no one noticed that I had hair that hadn't been washed and I totally forgot I had used a "dry shampoo". Sweet!

    The one caveat I would say about this product is that the main ingredient is SD Alcohol 40-B, which is really drying to hair and to your scalp. While I am sure this product is fine to use from time to time, I would only use it once in a while. And I would be sure to follow up with a nice conditioner. On the other hand, there is no chance it will leave behind the dreaded dry shampoo residue (since it's not a real dry shampoo).

    mark's MVNDS retails for $5, which $19 less than it's big competitor. For occasional use, I would definitely check this out! If you don't have a mark rep, meet Amanda!

    While you are at it, check out mark's other offerings. Right now if you spend $35 and use checkout code GIFTS35, you get tons of free loot and free shipping. Spend $60, use the checkout code GIFTS60 and get even more loot and free shipping. Go here for the details. And don't worry, you still have time to shop. Order from mark by December 20th and your gifts will make it in time for Christmas!

    This product was provided to me for the purposes of review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.