Friday, December 18, 2009

Macadamia Natural Healing Oil Treatment

    Always searching for a way to make hair coloring less damaging to my short locks, I couldn't resist playing home-science-lab and indulging in what may be the next thing in hair care.

    All year long, we have heard about the amazing benefits of Argan oil. For your hair, your nails, your skin, Argan oil is the hot ingredient in hydration. Some cosmetic lines have dedicated themselves to basing their star products on this golden oil elixir. I have to say I love Argan oil and what it does for my hair and skin. It makes you hair smooth, shiny and manageable and is almost like magic eraser for my shoddy, dry cuticles. Love it.

    The next ingredient to make your hair sing may very well be Macadamia Natural Oil, a blend of Argan Seed Oil and Macadamia Nut Oil. Why macadamia nut oil? It's similar composition to our own natural oils allows for unparalleled absorption and penetration into hair and skin. It also contains the highest amount of palmitoleic acid (an Omega 7 fatty acid) of any plant. Palmitoleic acid is abundant in the body at birth but decreases with age, causing dull, coarse, dehydrated hair. By replenishing hair with it, this essential component of human sebum plays an integral role in lubrication, softening and protection of hair protein structures, which ultimately leaves hair hydrated, healthy and shiny.

    Macadamia Natural Oil can be found a in few recently launched products here. So far, I have only tried the Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment itself. One of the suggested uses of the oil is to mix it into your hair color before coloring your hair. Last night I colored by hair and mixed in about 2 pumps of oil into my hair color mixture (I used a Clariol Professional product) and colored my hair as usual. The result? Incredibly shiny, soft hair that I can't stop touching. And since I can't afford to go to the salon to have my hair colored right now, this was a fantastic way to amp up the luxe level of my at-home treatment. I can only imagine that using the oil in conjunction with a shampoo and conditioner also infused with the oil would be even more beneficial.




    This was sent to me for the purposes of review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.