Friday, December 11, 2009

Vaseline Sheer Infusion with STRATYS-3 Lotion


    I have written ad nauseam about my uber-dry skin. After going to the movies and seeing the Vaseline commercial with the bungee people who dive through your skin for the tenth time, I decided to pick some up and see if Vaseline Sheer Infusion with STRATYS 3 could live up to it's claims. In case you haven't seen the commercial, here is what is going on in your skin when you aren't looking.



    I certainly need all of my layers hydrated, and settled on trying the Vitamin Burst flavor of this new body lotion. But is it any different than their other lotions and, more importantly, does it work?

    I dig the smell. It reminds me of orange pez or a creamsicle. It leaves your hands (and legs) super smooth and feeling fine for much longer than the more expensive L'Occitane that has been sitting on my desk. And my coworkers are going for the Vaseline hands down over the other fancier brand each time they ask to use some lotion.

    But what is STRATYS-3? According to Vaseline, it is "our unique, patented complex that combines 3 powerful moisturizing ingredients to infuse and suspend moisture at each layer of your skin: The top, the core and deep down." The version of this lotion I chose, Vitamin Burst, was almost identical to the other versions on the shelf - Botanical and Mineral Renewal. The Vitamin Burst contains Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate) and Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), however, when they talk about Vitamins bursting, I think they are really talking about the smell. This isn't a real concentration of vitamins that will affect your skin in a different way than any other lotion. It's the STRATYS-3 that is important here.

    And I love it. Check it out at any local drugstore and let me know what you think!

    I bought this, left it at Target and drove all the way back to the Target to get it that night.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.