Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Foolproof Pedicure at Home: Textured OPI Polish


    I can't paint my toes. At all. My method of painting them involves taking a shower and using a scrub to get all of the bits of polish off of my surrounding toe skin. It takes me forever to paint them and then looks like a crazy person got ahold of my toes. Not good.

    I recently picked up a new OPI Top Coat that was on display at Sephora, Sparkle Me Silver. It is a clear polish with little strands of holographic-like glitter string (or tree tinsel, your choice). The texture is pretty flat, once it's on the nails. I am definitely a picker and the texture isn't bothering me at all. I did my nails with a dark Borghese color and topped them off with Sparkle Me Silver. It feels like a retro '80's look, which I am loving right now.


    The best discovery however, is when I decided to put it on my toes. Here is the deal. It's basically clear, so you can't mess it up. Yet when the light hits your tootsies, they look like they are covered with diamonds.

    (I will not post a better picture of my foot. My feet are my Achilles heel. It started when I was born and my Father said, "She's perfect. But she has...monkey feet." How do you come back from that?)

    It's subtle, but looks much more polished than my bare piggies, and is sans mess.


    I saw similar bit-filled top coats from Nicole at Target (it had hearts). Sephora also has a golden one filled with bronze octagons which I ended up picking up: the Only Gold For Me. These didn't seem to lay as flat on my nail bed as the silver did. These made me crazy and I picked them off by the end of the night.

    Either by itself or over a deep color, I am digging this look in general. I think if paired with the really bright colors, it may be too much '80's for even me, but I could be persuaded.

    What do you think? Love it or hate it?

    I bought this polish myself.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.