Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rare Minerals New Purifying Liquid Facial Cleanser


    I have been trying the new Rare Minerals Purifying Facial Cleanser for about three weeks. Rare Minerals (by Bare Escentuals) began as a mineral-based treatment, then introduced a cleanser that was a powder you mix with water (that formula wasn't for me - it reminded me of 7th grade bathroom soap) and is now a full on liquid cleanser. The mineral treatments didn't do so much for me (but some of my friends can not live without them). But this cleanser? This cleanser is great.

    It's so new right now, you can only get it on the Q and it isn't in its final packaging. In fact, it basically says Product: Facial Cleanser on the front. It's that new. It contains the Active Soil Complex that BE is known for, and according to their claims, "works miracles to refine pores, stimulate cell turnover and improve texture."

    That is a big claim. And other than BE's own research on Active Soil Complex, I can't cite any scientific research on why this is or isn't fab, the way I could if it contained a new retinol or other ingredient. But I can tell you my impressions after using it for two weeks.

    It is a creamy cleanser that smells pleasant. It doesn't use the harsh cleansing ingredients some facial cleansers use. Their cleansing agent is derived instead from the coconut. It isn't heavily perfumed or overly scented (strongly scented products have been giving me headaches lately). You need about two pumps to clean your face, so the container should last you a decent amount of time. It leaves my skin, which is dry to start with, feeling very clean, very smooth and very content. I don't feel dry or over cleansed. I don't feel like there is a moisturizing film left on my skin. My skin just feels balanced. It does a nice job of removing my makeup, even my mascara. I like it! And I really love how well it works with my Clarisonic.

    Have you tried it? What did you think? Have any of you tried their Neck Firming Cream? My own neck has started this weird business of looking sad and being really dry in rings, so I am curious to check it out. Please tell me in the comments if you have tried either of these - I would love to know what you think!

    This was sent to me for the purposes of review.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.