Monday, June 7, 2010

Tarina Tarantino Fashion Collection



    I have only tried a few of Tarina's products, but for the most part, what I have picked up so far, I am digging. Her new Fashion Collection hit the shelves at Sephora a few weeks ago (I'm renovating my house, sorry I am late!) so I thought I would give you the details. According to Tarina, here is what inspired her collection.

    Bibarucci Fashion Collection

    Inspired by two of Tarina’s favorite fashion icons, Barbara Hulanicki of Biba and Elio Fiorucci, this collection combines playful designs from the Disco era with '60s rock 'n' roll decadence, featuring black, gold, and Egyptian accents. Housed in vibrant yellow, Bibarucci is sexy, playful and mysterious.

    Candy Cameo Fashion Collection
    Taking a colorful inspiration from her grandmother's vintage jewelry box, Tarina designed Candy Cameo around neon-colored cameos with glossy hearts and bows. Bright pink shades are accented with black lacquer beading for a collection that creates a fantastical yet nostalgic feel.

    Electric Butterfly Fashion Collection
    Influenced by acid-bright 1960's op-art posters and Art Nouveau illustrations from the early 1900's, this ensemble evokes an electrifying journey—the psychedelic metamorphosis of Electric Butterfly. The art from these eras, with their highly stylized images and curvilinear shapes, reference the patterns in butterflies' wings. Bright tangerine shades partner with turquoise accents in the design for a collection that captures the ethereal and magical sense of transformation.

    Tokyo Hardcore Fashion Collection
    During Tarina's first trip to Japan, she immersed herself in the futuristic culture of cuteness. This collection showcases high-tech Tokyo style, including hot, neon hues. The ultra-wearable neon green shades recall the Tokyo skyline that fascinated Tarina during her trip.

    Victorian Punk Fashion Collection
    Channeling Gothic style and 1970s punk rock, Victorian Punk references turn-of-the-century haberdashery and dress. This ensemble features hand-printed scrimshaw skull cameos. Rich purple shades combined with red and black designs create a story of romance and gothic fantasy.



    Each of these collections has an Eye Dream Hypershadow, Gem Lip Gloss and Lip Gloss Ring. I don't get the Lip Gloss Ring. Those trinkets are always lost on me. I don't get the Tokidoki Charms, I don't get the Hard Candy doodads and I don't get a $35 Lip Gloss Ring. That said, I'm 37 and realize she didn't create them with me in mind.


    (Gloss is on the left and shadow on the right. But I bet you already knew that. Top: Bibarucci Fashion, Electric Butterfly, Candy Cameo, Victorian Punk, Tokyo Hardcore)

    Above are the swatches of the Hypershadows and the Gem Glosses. The glosses that come in the ring were no longer available for swatching in the store.


    My favorite in this collection is the Victorian Punk, the purple one. I love the lip gloss. It's sheer, a bright lavender and call me crazy, but it reminds me of childhood grape medicine in a really nice way (not in some weird cough syrup addiction way). I love it.


    What do you think? Is this collection for you or are you going to pass? Tell me in the comments!

    I bought the VP gloss and tested the rest of the items. Photos courtesy of Tarina Tarantino.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.