Friday, June 18, 2010

Home Blowout Heaven Courtesy of Kerastase (Plus a free one for you!)

    As my hair gets longer, I am struggling to get it through the in between stages. It doesn't look good in a headband, the bangs aren't long or short enough not to be annoying and it's not quite long enough for a faux pony. In short, it's making me nuts.

    When I have the time, I am finding that taking my time blowing it out and flat ironing it makes it tolerable. So far, the best hair I have yielded, texture-wise, is no doubt thanks to Kerastase.

    Here is what I used:

    I shampooed with Bain Satin #1. I then deep conditioned with Masqueintense for thick hair. Then I added a bit of Kerastase Nectar Thermique, which helps shield the hair from heated styling tools. I blew my hair dry the same way I always do and then followed up with a flat iron. The result? Glorious, silky smooth hair that moves beautifully. I can't stop touching my hair! It honestly feels differently than my hair normally does. Surely, this is what it feels like to have "celebrity hair". Love it! The only downside of this line is the price. But forgoing a few pro blowouts per month will allow you to get the look at home all month for less!



    In participating salons on June 23, Kerastase is offering complementary treatments and blowouts to raise money for Locks of Love, a non-profit that provides hair pieces for disadvantaged children who suffer from long term hair loss. A minimum $10 donation is appreciated. Click here for details.


    Kerastase products were provided for the purposes of review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.