Thursday, August 5, 2010

Are You Brave Enough To Twist? Lindo Twist-n-Roll Tweezer


    It's no secret that between home repairs and job changes, my brow and lip waxings have fallen to the wayside (along with all of my other shopping addictions). I don't like it, but it happens. If the worst thing that happens to me in these economic times is irregular waxing, than I am a lucky, lucky girl.

    While I can't do my brows with this interesting tool, you can shape up your lip, chin, cheek and almost other unwanted hair with this nifty Twist-n-Roll Tweezer, for a fraction of the price you may spend on salon waxing.

    It works like threading, where you use two threads to pinch and remove hair. It's like a self-propelled Epilady.

    Which brings me to a story and an apology. In Mr. Daniels math class, in 10th grade, I gave Tina Sweeney the Epilady I had received as a Christmas gift. My Mom was really upset about this, as it wasn't cheap. I don't know why I gave it away, but I'm sorry, Mom. I know that 22 years later, you are still upset about this.


    I hope that this public apology makes you forgive me, the way that purchasing me a Fox and the Hound lunchbox 24 years after I needed it for second grade allowed me to forgive you for the now legendary Fox and The Hound Incident.

    But back to the Lindo Twist-n-Roll Tweezer. It's easy to use. It looks like a giant thin spring, with two grippy bits at the end.


    You make an upside "U" shape with the tool and then roll your thumbs outward, which makes the spring pluck your hairs. I have found that it lessens the discomfort if you steam your face or use a warm wash cloth for a few minutes prior to removing the hair. I haven't been able to get out every tiny hair, but I was definitely able to remove the bulk of the hair on my lip and cheek easily and fairly quickly.


    Like with almost everything else, after you do it a few times, it isn't as uncomfortable as the first time. (I remember thinking eye brow waxing was something very brave, I would never, ever do, when I was in high school). You just have to prepare yourself and twist! And then the hair is gone. I would imagine, that like all hair removal methods that involve plucking, over time, the hair will become finer and fewer. Still not sure how to do this? Check out the video here.

    What do you think? Would you be willing to try this? Don't use it on your brows. You won't have that kind of control. For general facial hair removal, this may be a great solution, if you are brave enough to twist.

    This was sent to me for the purposes of review. Lindo does not test on animals, to my knowledge.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.