Friday, August 20, 2010

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Stain


    Maybelline recently jumped in the lip stain game with their Color Sensational Lip Stain. I want to like lip stains and almost never do. They are either drying or turn my lips bright pink or burgundy (I feel like a broken record saying that). I couldn't help picking up the least pink Lip Stain Maybelline had to offer and seeing if it could improve my perception of lip stains.


    I am happy to report that this one turned a berry/brick-like color on me, which is, in all fairness, different from bright pink. The color I selected was Rich Toffee, so brick isn't that far off. I just wished it wasn't a red or berry color. I guess makeup companies just can't make stains in a non-pink/red color. The technology must not exist, right? I also wished the color was more even on my lips. Adding more "coats" just added a deeper brick-like color.


    It isn't overly drying on my lips, which is an improvement, but my lips still look thirsty, which isn't so good. These stains were created (based on what I got from the ads) so that they are supposed to be stains that give you a lighter bit of color, without being so, well stain-y. I suppose the color I tried was definitely less stain-y than others I have tried, but I still don't love it. There is an upside, however. It looks amazing under my new favorite lip gloss from Estee Lauder, True Color in Passion Fruit Shimmer.

    Have you tried this one? What did you think?

    I bought this myself. Maybelline does test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.