Friday, August 13, 2010

Longing for Super Shiny & Strong Nails?


    Last year was all about the matte polish. This summer, I am leaning towards wanting super shiny and sometimes very colorful nails. The usual drug store suspects weren't adding that super shine I was looking for. Then at the end of the nail aisle, I spotted the line of Borghese nail products. I haven't tried their products previously, but when a friend mentioned liking them, I decided to give them a whirl.

    According to the company, each Borghese product contains something called Acqua di Vita® Complex, which is exclusive to Borghese. "Acqua di Vita® Complex, with essential minerals and amino acids, provide deep hydration and help restore delicate moisture balance. The complex contains minerals such as magnesium, potassium and calcium, as well as hydrolyzed collagen and hyaluronic acid." I tried Brillante, Magnetico and Presto.


    Magnetico is a super sticky base coat that locks polish on to the nail. Like with other more expensive base coats, I was really happy with how this extended my manicure. Sure, I saw slight wear on my texting nails after several days, but only slight wear at the tips. No chips. This product is toluene-, DBP- and formaldehyde-free and helps create a moisture barrier that helps keep nails healthier and hydrated. Since I have been using this, I am finding that my nails are not as prone to cracking and peeling as they usually are, despite my cuticles remaining rough. (Normally, when my cuticles head south, so do my nails. That is surprisingly not the case at the moment.)

    Presto is a fast drying top coat that cures nails on the surface in less than 60 seconds. I tested Presto to see if it lived up to its fast drying claims, and to my surprise, it did! In less than 60 seconds, my nails were dry enough to reach into a purse or start eating dinner. This product is also toluene-, DBP- and formaldehyde-free.


    Brillante
    is a top coat that gives amazing, long-lasting shine to any nail color. Not only is this product also toluene-, DBP- and formaldehyde-free, it is also formulated with Hydrolyzed Soy Protein to attract and maintain moisture and with Micronized Gemstones to add brilliance.


    This is how shiny my nails were after three days. They look almost wet - I dig it! Check out Borghese nail products at Ulta, Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid. What is your favorite top coat for shine? Tell me in the comments!

    Products were sent to me for the purposes of review. Borghese does not test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.