Sunday, August 1, 2010

So Pretty! Stila One Step Correct




    I am a sucker for inventive products. I love elaborate packaging. I love fancy product. I love the design of it all. So it's no shocker that I am really digging this new One Step Correct from Stila. It is a skin treatment, it fixes minor flaws in your skin tone, primes your skin prior to applying your foundation, looks really cool in the packaging and even cooler outside of the packaging.


    I am ignoring the fact that all of the One Step products are starting to step on each other's toes when it comes to what they actually do. I'm a beauty addict. You can tell me I only need one product and I will figure out a way to add 9 more to it.

    From a color theory perspective, I am not sure how this works. I know that green corrects and minimize redness, lavender helps brighten and correct sallowness and that peach illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of sun spots. But when used together, how does it work? After asking several art directors at my day job, we decided that the colors are subtle enough to add to what your skin needs and ignore what it doesn't. On my very pale, freckled skin, it had a brightening effect.

    (No makeup. The left side has no One Step and the right side is wearing One Step.)

    Here is a picture I took to show the difference in how my skin looked with the One Step Correct applied versus without. It's not a night and day difference, but it is realistic, very subtle difference and is definitely brighter. The redness on the right side of my face is slightly diminished and (I think) my face looks a little more luminous. Every little bit helps, right?

    This also contains Stila's Youth Revival Bio-Available Mineral Complex™, which includes Gingko biloba and Vitamins A, C and E to provide antioxidant protection. It also has hyaluronic acid and camellia oleifera extract to moisturize and soften the skin.

    What do you think? Not only does my face look brighter, but makeup sticks to this like a magnet! I know, it looks like it's all packaging and not big on the delivery aspect, but I really, really like this. It's available online and also in Sephora. It retails for $36. Let me know if you picked it up and what you think!

    This was provided for the purposes of review. Stila does not test on animals.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.