Thursday, January 27, 2011

At Last! Faux Lashes Even I Can Apply: Kiss Premium Lashes

    Kiss Premium Lashes has created an almost perfect faux lash experience for us klutzes who can't wear faux lashes to save our souls. I have tried for years as a serious makeup enthusiast to learn the tricks to successfully attach them to my eye lash base. I've gone to MAC to have them teach me, I've purchased the special curved applicators from Sephora and I've watched that seven-year-old from Urban Decay put them on his mom. And I still can't do it. Other bloggers have tried to help me. I'm hopeless.

    Until I tried a new lash from Kiss Premium Lashes, which will hit shelves at Walmart, Walgreens and CVS in February. This amazing little lash has strings that loop around the end of each lash, that aid in finding the perfect placement. I know, what can strings possibly do?

    Everything. They make everything easier. Which is probably why this design is patent-pending and all around awesome.

    I watched a little seminar online about how to apply them and then, like it was no big deal, I had eye popping lashes in less than 3 minutes!



    (I tried these. See the little strings?)

    Here is how it works:

    But first things first. I have better pics to share with you. So many people have asked about these, I wanted to give you the details now. I'll post my pictures as soon as I possibly can.

    You use their new lash adhesive, which has a pointed applicator for precise glue application. It doesn't get everywhere and you don't waste the product. It's latex-free, odor-free, waterproof and boasts a 24-hour flexible hold.

    Wait about 30 seconds or until the glue turns clear.

    (Lashes applied, strings attached.)

    Grab the strings on both sides, really close to the edge of the lashes and place them at the base of your lashes. This is where I normally fail completely and the strings make placement incredibly easy.


    (See the strings on the end? These are key!)

    Push the Kiss lashes into the base of your lashes, making sure that the ends of the Kiss lashes are attached firmly to your lash base.

    (Another view of the lashes with strings. They don't get in your eyes whatsoever.)

    You'll have two strings sticking out both ends of the lashes. Carefully select ONE of the strings. Place one finger over the same end of the faux lashes to hold them in place and use the other hand to gently pull out ONE of the strings. Then repeat on the other side of your eye. Your lashes are now firmly in place and will stay that way until you take them off!

    (Not too bad for my first successful attempt!)

    I have never been able to wear false lashes and now I can! Sweet!

    There are a few downsides, however.

    As of now, the way the strings run through the lashes, you can't trim them to fit your eyes. In the past, lashes have been too long for me and these fit perfectly. But if you have tiny eyes, you may have issues. They are working on fixing this now.

    The new and fancy lash glue will only be available in the US this year. It will roll out into Canada, but not until next year.

    And the biggest downside - the strings will only help you once. So after you've used them, if you're all thumbs, you may still have issues. The good news is that they are inexpensive enough ($3.99 each!!) you can pick up a pair every weekend (if that's how you roll) and it won't break the bank.

    Here is a slightly better look at the styles hitting the shelves soon.



    Win Them Now! - THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
    To get you started, I have three pairs of lashes and one tube of the new glue to giveaway to one lucky reader in time for Valentines Day! Just leave a comment either telling me what your perfect Valentines Day date would be. I'll pick someone (with the help of Random.org) on February 3rd.

    US and Canada only please (these are shipping directly from the company)
    . Be sure to leave your email or way to contact you in the event you are chosen. The winner will be notified by email and must respond in 48 hours to claim the prize.

    Want extra entries?
    Promote the contest on Facebook or Twitter and leave me an extra comment telling me you shared the love. Like GR on Facebook and follow Gouldylox on Google and leave extra, extra comments! Still need more ways to enter? Submit this contest to Stumble Upon or other similar sites, tell me about it each time you share and I'll give you an extra entry!


    Products provided by the company for review.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2011, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.