Friday, January 7, 2011

What Inspires Me Today: Smashbox In Bloom Soft Focus Powder Eye Liner


    For the last month or so, I have been in the mood for softer shadows, lighter looks and muted colors. Maybe I've been inspired by watching too much Better Off Ted, Criminal Minds and Bones while on vacation. Or maybe I'm just ready for a break from the black-based shadows I've been favoring for seasons...


    Either way Lola Glaudini (Agent Greenaway) has flawless, beautiful makeup in every episode of Criminal Minds. (The first two seasons, anyway. We aren't caught up yet.). Tightlined eyes, a barely there crease color and a lightly sculpted cheek make her look amazing and classic looking, without really trying.


    The blond chick in Better off Ted (played by actress Andrea Anders) makes the most out of a lightly bronzed eye that makes her blue eyes sing. Her makeup plays up her peppy character and I love how it shows off her eyes with such a light touch.


    And no one on Bones wears shadow that makes them stand out. It's all understated with a flesh colored eyeliner on the inner rim (even the guys!) with a naturally bright, peach pout (not the guys!).

    We have a few more months of winter to get through before spring gets here, but the spring collections are cropping up already and some of them seem as if they read my mind.

    The first new product to catch my eye on shelves is the In Bloom collection by Smashbox. Specifically, the In Bloom Soft Focus Powder Eye Liners. Available in Dark Brown (which is more bronze than the name implies) and Heather (a deep gray). They apply with a small, rounded sponge applicator, not unlike a teeny, doe foot. The powder liner makes a light, unbroken line that looks like liquid, but softer and muted. When I use a powder as a light liner it doesn't always come out uniformly. But in the short amount of time I played with this liner in the store, it delivered a beautiful, fine line with no breaks, each time. This goes with my new personal trend for spring perfectly!

    Thoughts? Let me know if you have tried this! I haven't worn it, but plan on getting my hands on it soon!

    I checked this out in the store. Smashbox doesn't test on animals. I watch a lot of television.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.