Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hard Candy Plexi Glass Lips and 1000's of Lashes


    Hard Candy is one of those lines I always mean to check in on and often forget about. I am a Target girl, so I don't run into the line often as it is a Walmart exclusive. But a few weeks ago I found myself in the aisles, checking out the offerings from Hard Candy.


    I think I audibly squealed with glee when I saw the multi-colored fiber mascaras. 1,000 Lashes - Fiberized Lash Weave Mascara comes in loads of colors, including teal, indigo and brown. I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to my beloved Urban Decay Lash Primer and haven't found anything for under $15. But these were less than $6 and available in colors! I picked up the brown (new/un-consumer-tested packages weren't available in the colors I coveted).

    I couldn't believe how well it worked! My stubby lashes were extended! It also worked well under my current fave mascara as a primer, adding lots of length. My lashes hit my glasses! It didn't add a lot of thickness or volume on its own, but I was looking for length, not width. Love it!

    I also picked up two lip glosses in the Plexi Gloss collection, an Orgasm-like sheer peach and a sheer apple red. This gloss is thick, like adding a layer of shiny wrap to your lips. It doesn't feel natural on the lips, but feels like coated, full, texture-less super shiny lips. (Think those dripping with gloss, super shiny magazine perfect lips.)


    The color is more shiny than pigmented, but the hydrating feeling lasts and lasts, while the color is playful. Add a liner to these and you have a long wearing, very shiny lip color. I especially like the apple red - it's a great way to ease into the darker colors showing up everywhere this season.

    I bought these myself. Hard Candy does not test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.