Friday, September 10, 2010

SpaCiety Comes to Chicago!

    (This installation art piece sure beats what Baltimore put by the train station.)

    Ever been in the mood for a massage or facial RIGHT NOW? I know I am totally impatient and hate waiting for anything. SpaCiety, a new online reservation service in Chicago is making it easy to find the right Chicago-based spa appointment at the right time for the right price. In my mind, it seems like the Open Table of the spa world.



    Here is how it works:

    • Go to www.spaciety.com
    • Choose a date that you’d like to go
    • Select the service you're looking for – hair, nails, massage, wax, fitness, etc.
    • Compare deals from over 50 spas around Chicagoland – some with prices up to 60% off standard rates – and make your pick
    • From there you can book and pay for your treatment as well as print off your confirmation
    What do you think of this concept? On one hand, it makes it easy for people like me who have a really hectic schedule that is flexible and inflexible at the same time. It's hard for me to make appointments weeks in advance because I don't know that I will be able to actually do. On the other hand, is this one step toward the big box store approach to cheaper pricing equaling less customer service and loyalty? Maybe I am thinking about this too much from a spa service provider point of view. There is certainly something to be said about the esthetician who knows that my brows trail off on the ends and you can't just wax them. Or building a relationship with a stylist who gets my hair quirks. On the other hand, it would be great to get a massage or spa pedicure at the drop of a dime and a great way to find new people to build relationships with. Really, really great.

    Thoughts? It's almost spa week - want to try it out and let me know? If you live in Chicagoland and want to get a discount on a spa or salon service, log on to SpaCiety and use discount code Gouldylox2010 and save an additional 20%! Book those appointments fast, ladies and gents. There are only 100 discounts to go around and once they are gone, they are gone! Check it out and let me know what you think!

    Photo courtesy of Bob McCarty.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.