Thursday, September 16, 2010

Laura Geller Banish-n-Brighten Concealing Luminizer


    I have a new favorite concealer. I don't have uber-dark shadows, but my under eye area, definitely needs a little prep. I have some discoloration and sun damage that I want gone. Depending on the morning, I have a little puffiness as well.

    So what has earned its new permanent place on my vanity? Laura Geller's Banish-n Brighten Concealing Luminizer. This concealer is special for several reasons. But before we dive into the ingredients, let's talk about the applicator.

    The metal applicator is made of a smooth special metal, called Palladium. What makes this medal so special is that is always feels cold to the touch. It doesn't just feel a little below room temperature, it feels chilly to the touch. It feels fantastic in the morning in a refreshing sort of way.

    (Me with no concealer.)

    So back to the ingredients. This concealing and luminizing formula contains Hesperidin Peptide Complex, which helps to strengthen delicate skin and defend against pesky free radicals. Chrysin Peptide Complex helps to brighten skin and reduce the appearance of dark circles. Licorice Extract also a skin brightener that actually helps to prevent puffiness. Finally, Phyto Squalane boosts cell regeneration while helping to retain the skin's moisture, which helps reduce the appearance of fine lines.

    (Me wearing Banish-n-Brighten.)

    The concealer itself feels as light as air, as if you are wearing nothing, If you have major circles or really bright/dark imperfections, this may not cover them perfectly on its own. However, if you are like me and only need a medium amount of help, this may be perfect! While I am not sure if this is just happening in my mind or not, I would swear that my under eye area looks better about 20-30 minutes after I apply it then when I first put it on. I didn't see any mention of this happening from Laura Geller, but even Loxy agrees that my eyes look better shortly after applying this luminizer than they do when first applied.

    (Another picture of me, taken 20 minutes later, wearing Banish and Brighten. This is admittedly awesome lighting but the Banish-n-Brighten definitely makes a difference!)

    Banish-n-Brighten Concealing Luminizer is available for $22 from QVC and LauraGeller.com. Thoughts? I am loving this one!


    This was sent to me for the purpose of review. Laura Geller does not test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.