Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sneak Peek! Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle


    Lately, it seems like eye shadow has no staying power without a primer. I don't know if I now come to expect long wear of every shadow because I always wear a primer or if shadows have stopped being so long-wearing, because companies assume everyone uses a primer. Either way, my shadow wear time isn't acceptable to me if it isn't ten hours or more.

    True, I am not talking about sweating up a storm and expecting to remain flawless, but regular readers and those who know me know I prefer to sweat as little as possible.

    I have tried a ton of different primers (some not so great and some are amazing) and one of my new favorites has to be Laura Geller's Waterproof Eye Spackle.


    It comes in a pen form and is a light colored primer that totally brightens up the eye area of fair- to medium-skinned ladies. It makes my eye area look incredibly bright, awake, tightened and slightly less crepe-y. I haven't tried this while swimming or sweating intensely (with my shark issues and my aforementioned dislike of sweating, how could I?), but I can tell you that when I wash my face, I need makeup remover to remove my shadow. Water alone won't do the trick.

    This primer contains Isododecane, which provides the waterproof action I adore. It also has Boron Nitraide, which gives your shadow a silky look and Ronasphere LDP, which helps create a light-diffusing effect, making your eyes bright. Even better, with one click of the pen, the perfect amount is dispensed, cutting down on waste.

    I am very fair and as you can see below, this Eye Spackle does a great job of making my skin look perfectly bright and prepped for shadow. It matches my skin so well, it's almost hard to tell where my skin stops and the prepped area begins.

    (Look to the left of that freckle, below the forefinger. That area is spackled!)

    I've tried this primer with Laura's shadows, mineral makeup, other pressed powders and cream shadow and I have been thrilled with the results. In fact, it's the only eye shadow primer I have found myself reaching for over the last two weeks.

    Laura Geller's Waterproof Eye Spackle is available later this month on the Q for $22.

    Product was provided to me for the purpose of review. Laura Geller does not test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.