Monday, September 13, 2010

Kat VonD High Voltage Smoky Eye Primer


    Is anyone paying attention to this line? Sephora continually expands and, almost at the same time, discounts it. Other than a brown shadow, which I do dig, I haven't tried much of her line.

    However, on a recent business trip that wouldn't end, I felt the need to check out her High Voltage Smoky primer for eyes.


    This is a matte medium gray primer that, I suppose, could be used as an eyeshadow on its own, if you were so inclined.

    (without smudging)

    It stayed on all day for me, with no issues, although I have heard other people tell a different tale.
    (with smudging)

    What sold me on picking this up was how amazing a dark, glittery purple eyeshadow looked when you used this primer with it first.

    (Dark purple shadow on its own. FYI- the shadow that made me take notice was a dark purple in one of Kat's palettes, not this particular color. The end result is similar, so you get the idea.)

    (The same shade as above, but applied with the primer.)

    Kat is known for wearing more makeup, at one time, than I may currently own, but she rocks it. When it's on, it's on and she looks amazing. Kat smokes her eyes out unlike almost anyone else. It's a dark, gritty, messy, thick look. Almost like you have gone out, came back, passed out, got up, ate leftovers and went back out again, after you added some black liquid liner to the already existing base of makeup. If that is a little too intense for you, but you want the regular gal version of that look, try using this primer before laying down the shadow. This primer isn't gritty in feeling - it's smooth, like a liquid shadow. It's also not overly thick, but it is heavier and opaque than say, UDPP.

    I dig it. Not for every day, but every now and then, when the mood strikes to rock the grungy eye, this is the ticket.

    I bought this. Kat VonD doesn't test on animals, to the best my research could determine.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.