Saturday, December 4, 2010

BE Brilliant Gold Beauty Duo


    I've been on a BE kick again lately, so today, check out the Bare Minerals Limited Edition Brilliant Gold Beauty Duo.

    My friend who is the manager at Sephora told me I needed to check it out and that everyone was raving about it in the store, buying in bulk for fear it was going to be scarce after the holidays.


    It comes in a pretty container, with a fancy gold lid.


    It also comes with a fantastic travel brush, perfect for your purse and for looking posh when you reapply in public.


    The lid is a little wonky. It allegedly gives you the perfect amount of powder. (Ensuring you'll almost never run out. If I didn't know better, I would swear this design is targeted towards never selling more of the product. Similar to when I worked on a pitch for a company that rhymes with Snoring Bare, whose problem was that their bakeware was so durable people never bought more, because you couldn't break or damage their famous white casserole dishes.) Anyway, the lid has a special design so that every time it is opened, the right amount of powder pops up into the reflective lid.

    Personally, I don't think it gives enough powder with each application, so I end up using more.


    It doesn't leave your face glittery or shiny, but looks like regular mineral veil with a little extra oomph. It's a subtle difference, but for everyday wear, I think it works really nicely. And based on how crazy things have been for me lately and how exhausted I am, it's just what the doctor ordered to perk up the look of my skin.

    While I was looking for links to include with this post, I noticed the price had come down to $24 from Sephora. Sweet!! Grab it while you can!

    Have you tried this? Have you tried the Pearl-infused one? That one has piqued my interest as well, but I haven't picked it up yet. Please let me know what you think!

    I bought this with my own debit card. BE doesn't test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.