Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Avon MagiX


    I love a good primer. It helps create a smooth, even surface for your makeup. Primer makes skin texture problems like dry patches or large pores become less noticeable and even can "blur" other imperfections. What's not to love about that? Primers come in all shapes and textures. Some feel very silky and are made with silicone while others feel more like a moisturizer. Personally, I like ones that contain silicone - I like how they make my skin feel. I know that isn't necessarily a popular opinion right now. Many seem to be trending towards primers with a moisturizing feel, but I haven't found one that I like as much as ones that contain silicone.

    Of those I have tried, I really like BE's Prime Time and Laura Geller's Spackle. They have a nice, silky consistency and prep the skin nicely for makeup application. I received Avon's MagiX (again with the X's) as a sample with a lip gloss I purchased a few weeks ago. When I applied the primer one morning before work, Mr. Lox looked at me and said, "Your foundation looks nice today. Really soft and pretty." I told him I wasn't wearing any and he was surprised. I looked in the mirror and was also surprised to see that my skin looked more even and softer. My imperfections were blurred. It also made my skin look a little lighter, instead of darker, which I love. My makeup wore beautifully all day, with only a quick powder touch up later in the afternoon. I was so excited with how this performed, I immediately ordered more and hoped it would be here before my samples ran out. I will say, this is a thicker primer that is more like a thick cream than a liquid. If you aren't expecting that texture, you may be surprised. You should also know that a little goes a long way - especially for the price of $10! While I haven't worn it solo yet, for a weekend look it would be a wonderfully simple: a little MagiX, gloss, mascara and voila!


    I really like this. You should check it out!


    Avon

    P.S.: Like all foundations, you will probably not use enough of the product to get the sun protection that is listed on the package. Be sure to wear a broad spectrum SPF daily and do not count on your primers or foundation to protect you.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.