Monday, July 27, 2009

My Sunday Staycation: Whispering Windz Farm

    Not to be a whiner, but life has been a little on the suck side lately. (Cue blues music now) My 14 year old kitty, Scout, is really sick. Mr. Lox lost his job (he's a writer) and my Mom has been in the hospital. What does all of that mean? It means I don't get to go to the beach this year.

    That stinks. I like the beach. I like laying out (slathered in SPF 70) with a good book and cooling off in the ocean, despite my irrational fear of sharks. So what is a girl to do? Clearly, a Staycation is in order. For those who choose not to watch morning news programs, a Staycation is where you pretend to be on vacation, but instead, you stay home. No housework, no email, no work-related anything. If you plan it out, it can be really nice. So here is what I did.



    Sunday morning, I woke up and took a shower using this amazingly hydrating jar soap by Whispering Windz Farm. This little shop makes the most enticing soaps and lotions. When I was selecting my scent, my mouth literally watered (especially over pink sugar frosting and sugar lemon ice). I dare you to read through the scent listings and NOT have that reaction.

    In order to have a proper Staycation, I selected Sandy Beach. Sandy Beach Jar Soap is a bath, shower, shaving cream and moisturizing shampoo in one. It is made with loads of hydrating ingredients, including Goat Milk, Shea Butter, Aloe Vera, Sweet Almond Oil, Sunflower Oil, Vitamin E, Grapeseed Oil, Apricot Kernal Oil and Jojoba Oil. It feels fantastic on your skin, leaving it really soft. When I used my bath pouf, it foamed nicely and was really luxurious. The best part for me is the Sandy Beach scent. It smells like suntan lotion, sand, salt water and a little bit of sweetness wafting over from the boardwalk. It put me in the mood for my pretend beach staycation!

    Iced drinks prepared, suntan lotion applied, books ready, hammock positioned and ice cream treats for the pooches, I headed outside. Ahh.

    The weather was lovely, I smelled like the perfect day on a relaxing beach and my skin was nice and soft. The final touch? A few spritzes of Whispering Windz Farm Hair and Body Mist in Sandy Beach and I was relaxing on a beach, instead of on my deck. When I closed my eyes, it really worked. I was relaxing, vacation style!

    It was a good Staycation day. I didn't even mind when Mr. Lox forgot I was out there and locked me out of the house. I love this jar soap so much, I have raced through my sample and already placed an order for a full size - I don't want to be without it!

    You need this. Check it out!




    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.