Saturday, July 11, 2009

Worth It? Lumene TIME FREEZE Instant Cooling Eye Stick


    I recently picked up this cute little product from Lumene, Time Freeze Instant Eye Cooling Stick. This product helps relieve tired eyes by cooling and moisturizing the under eye area. It is also supposed to help diminish dark circles and reduce puffiness. According to their website, "Natural arctic heather together with the plant sterols extracted from arctic white peat provide long-term wrinkle reducing benefits and protect skin against future signs of aging."

    Here are my questions. What is arctic heather? Why is the stick so small? Does this really work? First things first, according to Lumene, here are the benefits of arctic heather:

    Heather Flower Extract
    The extract from arctic heather contains antioxidants and flavonoids, which protect the skin against free radicals. The heather's flower stalks contain arbutin, which helps lighten and prevent any changes in the skin's pigment. The extract also softens and moisturizes the skin.

    Next: Why is it so small and the price on the higher side ($20)? Got me. It's actually my one big complaint about this product. I wish it was larger because I love using it. I find that I have been using it quite a bit when I get home from work and need to relax. It is really COOL when you put it on. It also feels as if it is almost wet. I also like how it moisturizes my under eye area. I just wish you didn't get so little product!

    Interesting side note: I have been getting headaches a lot lately, which I hope does not mean I am turning into my father, who suffered terribly from them (happy to hear suggestions as nothing helped him). I find that applying this cooling eye stick helps me relax and along with medicine, does help me feel better. I love that.

    Finally, does this really work? I can't find any research suggesting that arctic heather will do what it claims. The ingredients that are behind the serious cooling effect are alcohol and menthyl lactate, which may irritate your skin. In other words, I love how it feels (and it doesn't irritate my skin at all), but I can't find any research that would support its claims.

    If you are looking for something to feel great on your skin, this definitely does.
    If you need a serious under eye treatment, there are probably better options on the market.



    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.