Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Laura Geller: Baby Cakes Complexion Palette and Brush


    I love it when companies make it easy to check out their signature products in a useful collection. When I find something I like, I really like to dive in. Have you seen the makeup bag I carry in my purse daily? Laura Geller makes it easy with the Baby Cakes Baked Complexion Palette and Brush. The kit features her signature Balance-n-Brighten Powder, Ethereal Rose Face Powder and Bronze-n-Brighten. Plus you get a really cute little pink brush, which is retractable and perfect for travel. These cakes are smaller than the regular size (about 1.5 inches in diameter). For this price, the only way to try out all of these products for less is to go to Sephora each morning and get ready with testers.

    Balance-n-Brighten is a complexion perfecter, baked and swirled to give you an even and radiant complexion. Similar to mineral makeup (but solid and baked with love in Italy) you just apply it all over your face to brush imperfections away.

    Ethereal Rose
    is an all-over face color that gives you a rosy glow without being sparkly. Personally, I love to use it to bump up my blush color. It's not bright enough to really stand on its own, but if you like to layer your color, this will do the trick.

    Bronze -n-Brighten is different from other bronzers I have checked out this summer. Instead of really being a bronze-y color (think JLo), it is more of a natural bronze, without the metallic finish. I really like to use it to help sculpt some serious cheek bones. It is more matte and very natural looking. If you are looking for more natural gal and less glamour gal, then this is the bronzer for you.

    It also comes with a cute little pink brush which is fairly small but versatile, and gets the job done. In all honesty, I am more likely to use it when I travel then when I have other larger brushes with me. But in a pinch, it can take the place of several brushes.

    I like how natural this makes my skin look. Finished, soft and pretty. I do suggest wearing a primer with this foundation, which really helps it last all day. I don't suggest throwing this kit in your purse for on the go use - I would be worried the baby cakes aren't protected enough. Also, if you require a darker color Balance-n-Brighten, this only comes in fair and regular. This is a great introduction into the Laura Geller world of Baked Powders - check them out on the Q!

    I like it. Check it out!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.