Monday, July 13, 2009

Worth It? Payot Regenerating Dry Oil Huile Precieuse Minerale



    I recently received a few products from a company I am not familiar with, a French beauty company called Payot. They are a little out of my normal price range (this oil is $59 for 3.3 oz), but some products are totally worth it, like this, so I was happy to be able to check it out.

    Payot Regenerating Dry Oil Huile Precieuse Minerale
    "nourishes and moisturizes the skin without being greasy or making you shiny. This oil is infused with the energizing benefits of minerals and semi-precious gem stones. It leaves skin soft, supple and satiny." I have very dry skin so I was hoping that this body spray could deliver some serious results.

    The first thing I noticed about this product was that it comes in a glass bottle and has a strong perfume smell. My klutz-iness has been well established, so I am terrified I will drop this glass bottle of expensive oil in the bathroom, breaking new bathroom tiles and ruining my Payot. Since I am renowned for my inability to walk and talk at the same time (I currently have a sprained ankle/foot from trying to do that), I promised Mr. Lox I will only use the glass bottle filled with oil in the bedroom, where there is carpet.

    This Dry Oil does have a serious smell. At first, I didn't think I cared for it. But then, after wearing it for a few minutes (and digging how smooth my arms were), I decided I liked it very much. Much to my delight, my younger co-worker, Jess.I.E, commented how much she liked my perfume. After a few days of using this Oil Spray, I really, really like the scent. In fact, I am thinking of making it my new summer go-to scent. The best part is that it lasts longer than the perfume I normally wear. I am loving that!

    Artie Lange, of the Howard Stern show, said of Paris Hilton, "she just feels and smells like a rich girl. You know, she is very soft to the touch, she smells rich, it's a whole thing she has going on." I think she must have been wearing Payot Regenerating Dry Oil Spray. It feels and smells tres luxe.

    However, the Gouldylox question remains, it worth the price tag or is it better than less expensive dry oil sprays on the market? As a dry oil, I can't tell you to spend that much. However, as a perfume, this may be your new best friend (with benefits!).

    I am digging this. Check it out!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.