Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Cuticle & Nail Moisture Treatment Pen


    I have really dry skin, which is most evident around my nail bed. Manicurists look at me and ask what happened. It actually stops me from going to get manicures. It's embarrassing. Sometimes my nails will grow, but the cuticles will flake and peel, which I am pretty sure leads to my nails peeling and breaking. It's a really annoying cycle.

    I try to use a hand lotion, which is sometimes helpful. However, I have yet to discover something that always works and keeps my hands looking less embarrassing. I really like cuticle oil, but it seems like you can only use it at night or everything gets greasy.

    I decided that Sally Hansen's Maximum Growth Cuticle and Nail Moisture Treatment Pen might be a good idea. I can take it with me easily, it won't leak almond scented oil everywhere and my cuticles will love me for it.

    I am going on record right now saying that I am tired of things being Extreme or Maximum. In fact, please stop using X's in your product names. It is going to disappoint, unless it is truly fantastic. If it is that good, called it truly fantastic or super good or something slightly more genuine. We're not stupid, right ladies? Dear Cosmetics Companies: Stop making crazy claims starring words with X's. Worked for Vin Diesel seven years ago, but it's not a good idea anymore.

    Back to the Treatment Pen. It's convenient, doesn't leak and does apply a nice oil to your cuticles and nail bed. I have been using it for several days and I think my cuticles look a little bit better. However, I am pretty sure if I applied any lotion to my nails every few hours, I would have better results. The oil doesn't seem to be overly moisturizing or have lasting effects. It's fine, but nothing special. That said, the fact that the pen motivates me to put oil on my cuticles is making a difference. While the product itself isn't deserving of any X's, the pen itself is making moisturize more frequently.

    I don't especially care for the product, but I do like the pen. You can probably live without it.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.