Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Buxom Rock Stars and City Slickers

    Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish is one of my favorite glosses. I love the shine, I love the minty tingle and I love the color selection! This season, there are two noteworthy Buxom collections you need to check out.
    (Blanche, Gabby, Julie, Tonya)

    The first is the Rock Star Collection. This collection of four mini glosses is available at Boutiques and online. This set includes Julie, Tonya, Gabby and Blanche.

    (Tonya, Julie, Blanche, Gabby
    More pics on my knuckles. My wrist has not yet recovered from whatever I did to it.)

    Julie is a light peach shimmer, Tonya is a pinkish coral with a bit of sparkle, Gabby is a gorgeous wine and Blanche is the perfect for a light holiday shimmer. My favorites are the new Tonya and the previously released Gabby. Tonya is slightly unexpected and Gabby is just a perfect plum. These colors, while not that bold, are gorgeous and can go a lot of ways, especially when you layer them with different lines, lip sticks or other Buxom glosses. Gabby is a must-have and Tonya is exclusive to this set (along with Julie and Blanche) and also makes my must-have set. (Hint: Loxy! Add this one to the holiday list, please!)

    Next up are the City Slickers. This collections is a Sephora exclusive and contains four Buxom glosses in the same smaller style and four coordinating Lip Sticks. You get Bombay and Michelle, Vienna and Denise, Fresno and Brandi, and Marrakech and Amber. The beauty is this kit is the virtual wardrobe of lip looks you can create with the possible combination of colors.

    From Top: Bombay & Michelle, Bombay, Michelle - Vienna & Denise, Vienna, Denise - Fresno & Brandi, Fresno, Brandi - Marrakech & Amber, Marrakech, Amber

    While Marrakech has been a staple of my lip wardrobe for a while (It's a perfect nude base on my fair lips), my favorite combo in this collection may just be Vienna and Michelle.

    (Vienna solo)

    Vienna, a candy pink Lip Stick is too pink-pink on me by itself. But when paired with Michelle, a medium pink gloss, it becomes the perfect not too sweet pink on my fair skinned, red headed self.

    (Vienna & Michelle)

    For an uber-glam look, pair the Fresno Lip Stick with Amber. It's a much darker and evening glam look than what I normally get from Buxom.

    (Fresno & Amber)

    It's long-wearing, perfect for a night out and fits perfectly in a clutch.

    What is your favorite way to make the most of your Buxom collection? Tell me your favorite combos! Pick up the Rock Stars from Bare Escentuals and get yer self some City Slickers from Sephora.

    Buxom does not test on animals. I received the City Slickers Collection for the purposes of review. I just checked out the Rock Stars in the store.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.