Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday Things You Should Know


    Leslie Blodgett's Big Buffing Road Trip (almost) concludes where it all began*. On October 8th (tomorrow!) at the Bloomingdale's on 59th in NYC, Leslie and Bare Escentuals Make Under Guru, Bravon Pascua, will descend on Bloomies to demonstrate a live Make Under and hang out afterward for a photo op and autographs.

    The Make Under starts at 5pm and photos and autographs should begin at 5:45pm. Officially, the event begins at 2pm and ends at 8, with fun stuff going on all day, so stop by and say hi! I am told there will be raffles and giveaways, plus makeovers from National BE Makeup Artists, so don't miss out. I met Leslie almost exactly a year ago at an Ulta event and she was every bit as kind and friendly as you would think. While I can't promise there are still spaces left, if you call the Bloomingdale's (212.705.3551) to RSVP, you could get invited to join Leslie afterward for a cocktail party. What fun! I wish I was in town to you join you!

    Today marks the start of the voting in a very important online contest. I have made it no secret that I love a makeover more than anything, so you'll get why I'm excited about the Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color Contest. Clairol asked people to submit before and after photos after using Natural Instincts Hair Color. Stop by and check out the before and afters! Some of them are amazing and some are really obviously done by pros (while I haven't read the rules, I suspect that isn't fair play). Either way, the obvious choice is the superstar on page three - Paula W. I say that not because she is my pal and the voice behind Older Girl Beauty, but because I love the difference in her before and after. She looks gorgeous! You can vote once per day from the 7-14th, so please vote often. Check it out - who doesn't love a good before and after?

    *Leslie got her start at the same Bloomies selling hair sticks. Who knew?

    BE Photos used with permission from Leslie.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.