Friday, October 29, 2010

YBF - Your Best Face Skincare

    I had been hearing all about YBF from a blogger pal of mine, who swore up and down they were the best skincare she had used. So obviously I jumped at the chance to test drive a few of their products for myself. Just so we are all on the same page, I'm talking about YBF Skincare, which stands for Your Best Face. (A few of you asked me about their makeup, which is a different line that is sold on HSN. That YBF stands for Your Best Friend.)

    YBF was started by two friends who just wanted to make honest, awesome skincare that delivered on its promises. Their products are fresh, use airless pumps and require very little preservatives in the formulas. They don't use added fragrances, just active ingredients. One of the main active ingredients in their formulas is spin trap. Spin Trap is a type of antioxidant that doesn't just kill free radicals, it restores balance to unbalanced molecules and protects your cells better than other free radical fighters.


    I tried four products. I've already told you all about my love affair with Prep, an amazing home micro-derm system that has my friends (whom I had given samples to) begging for more. A little goes along way and this will polish your skin in a way you didn't think possible.


    The first product I'll tell you about is Restore, which brightens skin and helps promote healing. This is great for helping to correct sun damage. It contains alpha arbutin and stable, high-end vitamin C, that synergize with one another to even skin tone, reduce appearance of "age spots" and slow the tanning response after UV exposure. This is a lightweight serum that I applied after using my cleanser. It left my face looking radiant and definitely brightened my complexion. I still have some of the same spots I've been battling, but overall, my skin tone has evened out and is really, really radiant.


    I also used Boost, which quite honestly, knocked my socks off. My skin looks uber-radiant. I've met with a few skin care pros while using these products and they are surprised to learn I am 37. I'll happily take that compliment!

    According to the website: Antioxidants, vitamins and botanicals along with caffeine help tighten, tone, refresh and protect the face. Boost immediately soothes, reduces redness and balances skin. As it dries, the face becomes more toned and stays supple to the touch. Boost also allows your skin to breathe and draws moisture from the air throughout the day, helping skin stay hydrated and toned while discouraging blemishes and excessive oiliness. In addition to niacin and B5 which encourage healthier-looking skin, boost uses a water soluble, natural wax to seal in moisture but yet easily washes off so it doesn't clog pores.


    Finally, I have been using Quench, their signature lip balm treatment, nightly. At first blush, this lip balm doesn't feel much different from other balms I have tried. It doesn't feel particularly hydrating on contact and doesn't add any extra shine to lips. Where it does pay off is when you wear it overnight. As your body rests, this lip balm sinks in and restores your lips to a hydrated, plump state. I normally have very dry lips this season, but haven't experienced them yet since I have been using this. According to the website, Quench keep your lips naturally full, bright and youthful-looking with collagen boosting, skin brightening vitamin C (the most beneficial and gentlest form of vitamin C we've found). Peppermint and clementine oils wake up your lips and add an invigorating tingle.

    I think the best proof of how well these products worked is to take a look at my almost naked skin in the early September and now. Obviously, in the first picture (originally taken to show my bangs and under eye concealer), I am wearing lip gloss and a touch of under eye concealer. Otherwise, I am nude-faced.

    (Before using YBF)


    (Me in the morning, when I first got up.)

    (Me at the end of the day. My skin looks different in the am than it does in the pm, so to be totally honest, I'm showing you both.)

    The biggest difference I personally see is on my nose and the area where my under eye area meets my cheeks. Not only do I usually have sun spots, I have patches of skin that is more yellow that the rest of my face. This makes my overall skin tone look dingy. In the after pictures, I am not seeing as much of that as I had before I started using the products.

    Have you tried YBF? I still have a product or two of theirs to tell you about, so stay tuned!

    Product was sent for the purposes of review. YBF does not test on animals.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.