Monday, October 25, 2010

Too Faced Pixie Perfect


    Too Faced is one of those brands that I always check out and never buy. Somehow though, all of that has changed. I have been on a palette-purchasing super spree lately. While not truly a palette, this was shelved next to one so it came home with me.


    Pixie Perfect is a great little intro to the brand. It comes with a quad of eye shadows, all in the brown/nude family, a split pan of blush and bronzer, a full size Glamour Gloss in Plush, a mini Eye Insurance Primer and Lash Injection mascara. All of these goodies are in a cute makeup bag.

    (Sun Bunny, Papa Don't Peach)

    The main reason I was drawn to this is my addiction to peach blush. This one, Papa Don't Peach, is my current favorite blush. It's bright, peachy and just the right sheen and opacity. Sun Bunny is a nice bronzer that also works well as a cheek contour shade on fair skinned gals like myself.



    While I didn't expect to love it, I am now fixated on Glamour Gloss. This kit comes with Plush, a great peachy shade. It actually plumps the fine lines on my lips, with no tingle. When worn with Lip Insurance, it stays put. It does ok on its own too.

    I was hoping Lash Injection would be the answer to how I can finally get long lashes without treatments, extensions or falsies. It isn't. Hummph. It's nothing special and it's clumpy.

    (Split pan blush and bronzer, Eye shadow quad. Both come with large mirrors too!)

    I am finding that I really like Too Faced's shadows. I recently picked up their Naked Eye kit (I know, I'm really late) and like how the light, subtle colors stay all day with some help from Shadow Insurance. This quad comes with four large colors (large, relatively speaking to the size of the shadows in the Naked Eye Palette.

    (Not listed in order.)

    The colors are Velvet Revolver, Enchanted Forest, Totally Toasted and Peach Fuzz.

    This is a lovely little holiday offering. It is definitely making me want to check out more from Too Faced! Thoughts on this one?

    Too Faced doesn't test on animals. I bought this.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Disclosure/Disclaimer Statement. Makeup, beauty, skincare reviews & more! Copyright 2009-2010, Gouldylox Reviews. All Rights Reserved.