Sunday, September 20, 2009

61st Prime Time Emmys: Is There a Lipstick Shortage in LA?

    The 61st Annual Prime Time Emmys was Sunday night and it appeared everyone got the memo when it came to makeup. While I watched the Red Carpet and kept hoping someone would wear lipstick, a few people dared to ignore the Hollywood memo and be rebels. Everyone else wore a light pink blush, some cheek shimmer and a smudged brown eyeliner with nude lip liner and some shiny chapstick.

    Here are my list of hots and nots for the Red Carpet Rebels who dared to stand out in a sea of same.




    Mariska Hargitay looked amazing and her blue and gray eyeshadow was a refreshing twist on the natural face that permeated the carpet.



    Kara DioGuardi looked beautiful with her white dress and smoldering eyes.



    Leighton Meester wore a grecian dress, a bright red lip and seriously smokey eyes. She looked like old Hollywood crashed into the 80's. For some reason, she also didn't use any hairspray and her look went south by the time she presented.


    Alyson Hannigan blew me away with how real-girl gorgeous she looked. She has come so far since the Buffy days. I loved her layered hair and radiant, natural face. She didn't look like she was trying too hard to go without makeup, she just looked perfect.



    Tina Fey played up her eyes, but looked so fabulous, my girl crush on her has been renewed.



    My favorite natural girl? Anna Torv. She looked amazing. The color of her dress made her shine.

    Almost no one missed the mark entirely, mainly because no one really tried. I didn't care for Hayden's uber bright red lips

    and I disliked everything that Nene said, did and wore during the E! pre-show.

    I thought Kristin Chenoweth looked really nice and

    Blake Lively's braid reminded me of of the Girl Scouts, but because her dress was so amazing, I can get over it.

    What was your favorite look? Or are you inspired to just focus on some really good skin care and go without?

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.