Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hard Candy Returns To Walmart

    Hard Candy has been around for the last 10 years and is known for their incredibly cute packaging and pop culture inspired products. Next week, they're back and launching a new Hard Candy line that will be sold at Walmart, bringing their signature adorable-ness and on-trend products to Walmart shoppers everywhere.

    This line is LARGE - with everything from lip stains to bronzers, nail polish to pre-shadowed eye appliques. I was able to get an early look at a few of the goods that will launch next week. I haven't really tried them out yet, but I can't wait to dive in to this super cute, affordable beauty!


    Here are pics of some of the products of which I was given the chance to peek:



    Intensifeye High Eye Drama in Moody is a smooth and creamy eyeshadow in a very bright, but light blue.



    Kal-eye-descope Baked Eyeshadow Duos is a baked shadow that can be used wet or dry. Shown above in Blind Date.


    Lip Tattoo is a combo lip stain and breath freshening gloss in one. Shown above in Sangria.



    Finally, So Baked, a dewy, yet matte bronzer gives you a sun kissed look without the sun. Shown above in Tiki.

    Do you remember Hard Candy? What was your favorite product? Will you run to Walmart next week to check them out? Tell me in the comments!

    UPDATE! Now that a few days have passed, I have had a chance to test out a few of these Hard Candy items. I like the bronzer- it gives you a little bit of color, which looks natural, without looking shiny.

    I also tried the eye shadow. I only tried the white side, since I'm not a teen, and it is a very dry shadow. It takes a bit of layering to get the pigment to show up, but when it did, it left a very sheer, light trace of shimmer. It surprised me by staying put all day.

    Finally, I tested the Lip Tattoo. This is a very wet stain, which is a little tricky to put on with a sponge applicator. It took a bit of time to dry and once it did, I applied the gloss. It was actually quite pretty. This stain is not like other stains and due to the light color I tried and it came off in a much shorter time than most darker lip stains.

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.