Friday, September 18, 2009

Local Love: Elizabeth Arden Red Door in Cross Keys

    I have recently had some luck growing my nails and not destroying my cuticles (again). Idecided to treat myself to a real manicure. Not a manicure where you just stop in, breathe strong fumes and hope for the best, but a real spa manicure.



    After visiting the Red Door Spa at the Willard Hotel in D.C., I was hungry for the Red Door Spa treatment. I opted for the signature manicure ($42), made an appointment and got ready to relax. If you haven't been to the Red Door Spa in Cross Keys (Baltimore) before, they are a full service salon that focuses on luxe and really having their patrons get the most out of their service.

    I haven't had a really nice manicure in a really long time. This manicure was really nice. Here is how it went.

    It started with a warm neck wrap, which instantly helped me relax and enjoy the experience. Next came the warm lotion hand massage. This was followed by the filing and pushing back of my cuticles. Then a sugar scrub up to my elbows got rid of dry skin and revealed the softer, more luminous skin. After the scrub, my arms and hands were wrapped in warm towels while my finger peeked out to be filed into the perfect shape. I then got the most relaxing acupressure-based hand massage. Next, my hands were dipped in single-use paraffin and wrapped in a warm bag. While my hands softened in the paraffin, my nail technician gave me a stress-relieving shoulder and neck massage. Finally, my nails were painted in the hot fall color by Zoya, Dovima, which is a matte gunmetal gray.



    My nails looked amazing and I felt even better. The entire manicure took about an hour. And made my 20 minute manicures at strip mall shops a thing of the past.

    The Red Door Salon in Cross Keys is located at 42 Village Square, Baltimore, MD 21210, just south of the Northern Parkway and Falls Road intersection. Call 410.323.3636 to book your appointment.




    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.