Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mystic Tan Face Kit

    I recently went Glamping with my family as a nice finish to a very strange summer. I am typically really pale and as an "indoor kid", I am cool with that. However, as not all of my family share my love of television and air conditioning, I wanted to look like I didn't spend the summer perfecting the sport of couch surfing.

    Let me just say, I am terrified to use sunless tanner on my face. However, I am more afraid of the damage that sun does to your face, so I "cowboyed up" and decided to check out the Face Kit, by Mystic Tan.



    This kit contains a base, which is like a moisturizer to help ensure an even coverage. It's light and didn't feel like it was going to clog my pores. It dried quickly. This kit also comes with a can of Sunless Tanning Spray, the signature Mystic Tan product and a large tube of Shimmer Face, a bronzer to help make your tan look extra fantastic.

    As previously disclosed, I am not good at home tanning. I will give you highlights in my kitchen, but I am clumsy when it comes to self tanner. So as you can imagine, I was nervous. I exfoliated evenly and followed the directions. Mystic Tan has a color added to the spray product so you can see what you are doing, which is helpful for me. Five minutes later, I had a slight, natural glow that looked great. By the time I woke up the next morning, I looked as if I had finally had a really relaxing weekend in the great outdoors, instead of working towards my goal as world champion Couch Surfer. My tan lasted several days and while I doubt I fooled my kayaking brother-in-law, I looked like I had spent some time in the outdoors he loves so much.

    I really liked it! You can check this kit out at Ulta, Sephora or DrugStore.com.


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.