Monday, September 14, 2009

Loving LORAC : My New Favorite Concealer

    I am always falling under the spell of magazines and thinking I can really have an airbrushed looking face. While sensible me knows that will never be true, dreamer me still chases that idea. When I discovered LORAC's new concealer, I was hoping the two can meet in the middle.

    LORAC is the creation of makeup artist, Carol Shaw. Carol has done the faces of celebs everywhere and has been one of the coveted artists for red carpet events and photo shoots for more than the last decade.


    LORAC recently launched their Double Feature Concealer/Highlighter. This combo actually does triple duty because of their ingenious blending tool. The concealer is in stick form, is creamy and melts into my skin. It covers my under eye circles (which admittedly aren't extreme) and looks totally natural. The other end is a highlighter which adds a touch of sheen to cheekbones or anywhere else you choose. It is a light lotion applied with a doe foot (sponge) applicator. A little goes a long way, so use this sparingly!



    Finally, the best part, in my opinion, is the blending tool. It's a roller ball! When I first saw this in Sephora, I didn't really need any new concealer, but once I tried it on, knew if nothing else, I needed this blender as a tool. The crafty girl in me started trying to see what roller balls I had at home I could drain and re-purpose. Realizing that wasn't likely to work, I needed that concealer!
    Not only does the roller ball help blur the edges of the concealer without removing it, it also gives the tissue under the eye a gentle massage, which will help drain fluid from the eye area.

    This concealer is available from Sephora, Ulta and LORAC online for $24. Considering it's really three items in one, this Double Feature Concealer is also recession friendly!

    I love it! Check it out!


    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.