Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer Wrap Up : My Favorite Picks From This Season, Part 2

    I can't believe the summer is coming to a close. In Baltimore, as I type, it is only 70 degrees! Below are my favorite products for eyes and lips from this summer.

    Mascara:

    This is a really tough one for me because three mascaras really impressed me this season. Rimmel's Glam Lash is amazing and Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes is like false lashes in a bottle. However, my favorite mascara of this summer is bareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara. The brush coats every single lash, it never clumps and wears all day.

    Eyeliner:

    One of my favorite trends this season has been brightly colored eyeliner and liquid liner. Nothing makes the eyes pop more than some artfully applied liner.

    Liquid Liner: Milani Infinite Liquid Liners are budget friendly, budge-proof and come in really fun colors.

    Powder Liner: I love Laura Geller's Eye Rimz in Potion and Bewitching Bronze. These baked colors look amazing and come with an adorable brush that is perfect for doing a work-friendly cat eye.

    Pencil Liner: I have played with color and tested waterproof brands, but the pencil I can't put down is Mally Beauty's Lash Illusion. This tiny pencil does amazing things!

    Lips:

    Gloss: This summer I am all about the gloss. Picking a favorite out of my current 20+ glosses in rotation seems impossible. Since I have to choose, I think my favorite is a last minute contender from LORAC, a lip plumping gloss called Lotsa Lip. This plumper works by using a natural tripeptide that has been shown to visually enhance lips by stimulating lip collagen. While I am not sure about stimulating lip collagen, I love the color (Naughty) and the way it wears. It's not thick or sticky, delivers a nice amount of color and it lasts for a respectable amount of time.

    Lip Conditioning Treatment: This one is easy - hands down it's Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine. This super sheer, super light pink conditions my lips overnight and gives me a tiny kiss of color. (Now through September 15th, you can still use checkout code GOULDYLOX online and save 30%)

    Check back on Friday for the rest of my summer favorites!

    Subscribe and never miss a thing! Copyright 2009, Gouldylox Reviews. All rights reserved.